The best clay pigeon shooting in the Midlands
If you would like to experience clay pigeon shooting in the Midlands, Doveridge boasts some of the best facilities and instructors in the whole of the UK, so our services are the best choice for your day or weekend of shooting. Whether you’re a novice or a regular attender, Doveridge is the perfect location for clay pigeon shooting as we accommodate for all ages and groups including families, stag and hen dos, and we can guarantee you an enjoyable time. Doveridge Clay Sports has been run by the Bramley family for over eleven years. During their time they have hosted a range of the world’s top clay pigeon shooting events, including English, British and World Championship level competitions. With this level of experience and expertise, it’s no wonder why Doveridge Clay Sports are able to give our customers not only the best clay pigeon shooting – but the best clay pigeon shooting experience in the entire country.
More about Clay Pigeon Shooting in the Midlands
For an experience in the Midlands that promises excellent quality equipment and surroundings, Doveridge is the perfect choice. Our shooting grounds are located in the beautiful Derbyshire countryside, with an immaculately preserved valley that gives our shooting grounds a truly ‘natural’ feel, and adds to your clay pigeon shooting experience. Another advantage of coming to Doveridge for your clay pigeon shooting is our accessibility – being based in the Midlands means you can travel here from anywhere in the UK.
Beginners tips for clay pigeon shooting in the Midlands
Don’t worry our instructors will take you through the whole process of shooting if you go for clay pigeon shooting lessons, but here’s a few tips, and a small taste of what your instructor will show you if you’re new to shooting.
- How you stand – This can greatly alter your shot, so it’s important that you hold your body correctly. The usual position for this is the foot opposite your trigger finger slightly infront of the other. It’s essential you find your own balance, but it’s advised to have the majority of weight leaning forward, to absorb the shot.
- Holding your gun correctly – this will be found on your clay pigeon shooting lessons in the Midlands, and this will differ person to person, one thing that is imperative though is that you hold it tightly to reduce kick back.
- Finding your dominant eye is important to ensure the accuracy of your shot. You can do this by holding your finger out and pointing to an object, close each eye in turn and see which eye gives the least movement of the finger… this is your dominant eye.
- Stay calm on your clay pigeon shooting in the Midlands, staying steady and keeping your cool will give you the best chance of hitting your target when firing.
- Have fun! And embrace your clay pigeonshooting in the Midlands.
Get in touch for clay pigeon shooting in the Midlands
All of our clay pigeon shooting facilities have even been awarded the CPSA Premier Plus rank, a highly prestigious accolade that proves how well-maintained and well-equipped we are. If you’re looking for a clay pigeon shooting experience and you live in the Midlands, come to Doveridge. Check out our full range of packages here and decide which is the most suitable for you. At Doveridge clay pigeon shooting in the Midlands, we want to provide the very best facilities, equipment, teaching and general experience for you – so get in touch today.