If you’re considering taking clay shooting lessons for the first time, then knowing the safety essentials will help make this an experience to remember.
Doveridge Clay Sports is the leading venue for clay pigeon shooting and lessons across the West Midlands in the beautiful Derbyshire countryside.
In our latest blog, we are going to share some of our safety tips for beginners.
Shooting for Success with Clay Lessons in the West Midlands
Our experienced instructors have drawn up nine tips for success in clay pigeon shooting –
1. Ear Protection – Rifles are extremely loud; especially when up close so using high-quality hearing protection is a must. Luckily, we can provide this once you arrive at Doveridge Clay Sports.
2. Eye Protection – Much the same as protecting your eyes it’s important to protect your eyes from any material, recoil hazards or flying clay debris.
3. Don’t Drink Before Shooting – Doveridge Clay Sports is an extremely popular destination for stag and hen parties, but we would strongly recommend not drinking any alcohol before shooting. Alcohol slows your reactions down and judgement so doesn’t risk potentially injuring yourself and others.
4. Never Point a Gun at Someone Else – Even if your gun isn’t loaded do not point it at another person under no circumstances. Accidents can happen but these can be prevented with sensible behaviour.
5. Only Point Your Gun at Target – More common sense but only point your gun at your clay pigeon targets and keep it pointed downrange when not being used.
6. Break Your Gun When Walking or Talking – Whether you’re taking a break, talking to someone or walking; break your gun so you won’t accidentally shoot your rifle.
7. Load Your Gun When You Want to Use – Leaving a loaded gun around is dangerous so only load it when you are ready to use it.
8. Treat Your Gun as If It’s Always Loaded – Treat your gun with respect at all times; remember you’re carrying a live weapon.
9. Pack Good Footwear – Sturdy footwear will reduce any slips and trips that may occur in our countryside location.
Here at Doveridge Clay Sports, we offer the following packages for shooting lessons –
• 25 clays and cartridges, instructor and hire of all equipment – £35 per person
• 50 clays and cartridges, instructor and hire of all equipment – £55 per person
• 75 clays and cartridges, instructor and hire of all equipment – £70 per person
• 100 clays and cartridges, instructor and hire of all equipment – £90 per person
Come and Give Shooting Lessons a Try at Doveridge Clay Sports
For more information about our clay shooting lessons or to book up you and your friends or family please contact us today.
We also offer various range of packages for team building days; ideal for smaller and large businesses in the Midlands.
Now is the time to uplift the energy in your workplace with team building days in the Midlands! Build team spirit and bring your peers together in our premier plus shooting grounds – set in the beautiful Weaver hills, you will be amazed by the valuable skills your team will learn for everyday work life.
Doveridge Clay Sports Club have the best facilities in the UK. It doesn’t matter if you are an experienced shooter or a novice, our expert team have put together exciting activities, to make your experience with us enjoyable!
The benefits of our team building days in the Midlands
Along with team building days in the Midlands being a lot of fun, there are many benefits that members will learn to improve work productivity. Get the opportunity to see the strengths of everyone, how they interact in a different setting and incorporate these observations into the workplace. See how team building can bring out hidden talents!
Our expert instructors teach valuable discipline rules and show you how to safely load, handle and aim a gun. Your team will flourish in our various shooting grounds and any barriers to creativity and cooperation can be overcome. This kind of environment can break the ice for work peers and improve communication and working relationships.
Contact us for team building days in the Midlands
Anyone is welcome to try our team building days in the Midlands! We offer corporate packages depending on the size of your business, including impressive discounts, so that you get the most out of your time with us. Discover more about our team building packages.
If you would like to speak to a member of our team for more information, please contact us. We help businesses to plan team building days in the Midlands and we know it will have a powerful effect on your business!
If you have discussed team building days with your teams, you have likely been met with enthusiastic and excited reactions from some of your team; other team members may not be so thrilled at the idea, but we at Doveridge Claysports specialise in offering team building days in the Midlands that the whole team can enjoy!
Clay shooting is an excellent activity for your team building days in the Midlands, and your team are sure to relish the challenge whether they’ve never held a gun before in their life, or are regulars at the shooting range with loads of experience.
Your Itinerary for Team Building Days in the Midlands with Doveridge
Our team building in the Midlands have proven incredibly popular, and this is largely to do with our world class facilities and our attentive, experienced, and friendly staff. We have decades of experience, and go above and beyond to ensure every member of your team has a fantastic experience with us during your stay.
• Welcome and introduction
• Briefing on our ground rules and safety precautions
• Basic gun handling
• Basic target shooting
• Tea and coffee on tap
• Meals, if selected in your package
Depending on which package you have selected for your team building days in the Midlands, you can expect the session to last from 2 hours up to a full day. What’s more, you can extend your team building days in the Midlands at Doveridge Claysports with a stay in one of our cosy holiday cottages.
Call Us for More on Our Team Building Days in the Midlands
Our team building days in the Midlands can be tailored to your team’s preferences; please don’t hesitate to get in touch to discuss your requirements!